回應
1F
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment
Authorities say actor’s death likely suicide or accidental overdose

Breaking news
MSNBC News Services
updated 7:39 p.m. ET Jan. 22, 2008

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, naked in bed with sleeping pills nearby, police said. The Australian-born actor was 28.

There was no obvious indication of suicide, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if Ledger had committed suicide. He had an appointment for a massage at the residence in the tony neighborhood of SoHo, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. A housekeeper who went to let him know the massage therapist had arrived and found him unconscious at 3:26 p.m.

According to The New York Times, his body was moved to the floor, and after receiving no response from the actor after shaking him, the masseuse and housekeeper called authorities.

“We are investigating the possibility of an overdose,” Browne said. “There were pills within the vicinity of the bed.”

A source told msnbc.com's Courtney Hazlett that Ledger had been turning down roles lately.

The Times initially reported that Ledger was found in an apartment owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but a spokesperson for the actress, who is at the Sundance Film Festival, later told the Times the apartment was not Olsen's.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers began gathering Tuesday evening outside the building on the upscale block, where several police officers guarded the door. According to The Times, city workers rolled Ledger’s body, encased in a black body bag, out of the building on a stretcher.

An autopsy was planned for Wednesday, medical examiner’s office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

While not a marquee movie star, Ledger was a respected, award-winning actor who chose his roles carefully rather than cashing in on his heartthrob looks. He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance as a gay cowboy in “Brokeback Mountain,” where he met Michelle Williams, who played his wife in the film. The two had a daughter, now 2-year-old Matilda, and lived together in Brooklyn until they split up last year.

It was a shocking and unforeseen conclusion for one of Hollywood’s bright young stars. Though his leading man looks propelled him to early stardom in films like “10 Things I Hate About You” and “A Knight’s Tale,” his career took a notable turn toward dramatic and brooding roles with 2001’s “Monster’s Ball.”

“I had such great hope for him,” said Mel Gibson, who played Ledger’s vengeful father in “The Patriot,” in a statement from the actor’s publicist. “He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.”

Ledger eschewed Hollywood glitz in favor of a bohemian life in Brooklyn, where he was one of the borough’s most famous residents. “Brokeback” would be his breakthrough role, establishing him as one of his generation’s finest talents and an actor willing to take risks.

Ledger began to gravitate more toward independent fare, including Lasse Hallstrom’s “Casanova” and Terry Gilliam’s “The Brothers Grimm,” both released in 2005. His 2006 film “Candy” now seems destined to have an especially haunting quality: In a particularly realistic performance, Ledger played a poet wrestling with a heroin addiction along with his girlfriend, played by Abbie Cornish.

But Ledger’s most recent choices were arguably the boldest yet: He co-starred in “I’m Not There,” in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan — as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination Tuesday for best supporting actress.

And in what may be his final finished performance, Ledger proved that he wouldn’t be intimidated by taking on a character as iconic as Jack Nicholson’s Joker. Ledger’s version of the Batman villain, glimpsed in early teaser trailers, made it clear that his Joker would be less comical and more depraved and dark.

Curiosity to see Ledger’s final performance will likely further stoke interest in the summer blockbuster. “Dark Knight” director Christopher Nolan said earlier this month that Ledger’s performance as the Joker would be wildly different than Jack Nicholson’s memorable turn in 1989’s “Batman.”

“It was a very great challenge for Heath,” Nolan said. “He’s extremely original, extremely frightening, tremendously edgy. A very young character, a very anarchic presence that taps into a lot of our basic fears and panic.”

Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he “stressed out a little too much” during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.”

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” Ledger told the newspaper. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said.

Before settling down with Williams, Ledger had relationships with actresses Heather Graham and Naomi Watts. He met Watts while working on “The Lords of Dogtown,” a fictionalized version of a cult classic skateboarding documentary, in 2004.

Ledger was born in 1979 in Perth, in western Australia, to a mining engineer and a French teacher, and got his first acting role playing Peter Pan at age 10 at a local theater company. He began acting in independent films as a 16-year-old in Sydney and played a cyclist hoping to land a spot on an Olympic team in a 1996 television show, “Seat.”

After several independent films, Ledger moved to Los Angeles at age 19 and costarred opposite Julia Stiles in “10 Things I Hate About You.” Offers for other teen flicks soon came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn’t like.

“It wasn’t a hard decision for me,” Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. “It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, ‘You’re crazy,’ my parents were like, ‘Come on, you have to eat.”’

此則回應
無圖示
回應
2F
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/

為他默哀一下 /___\
無圖示
回應
3F
我的偶像,死了,傷心
啊是怎麼死的??納悶
無圖示
回應
4F
真是令人遺憾啊!!!...希望他在天堂可以快樂!

歡迎參觀我的部落格
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/frog90830
無圖示
回應
5F
我看到新聞也很震驚~

他的管家大概也以為他睡得太熟了~

直到叫他起床才發現

真的很遺憾~才28歲

無圖示
回應
6F
雖然他的電影我的不多
但還是願他安息

也期待他的遺作《黑暗騎士
無圖示
回應
7F
我很喜歡他
希望他是安詳無痛苦的走...
無圖示
回應
8F
艾尼斯...他死了 ~> <~

希斯萊傑...

天啊~~
雖說天下沒有不散的宴席
月有陰睛圓缺人有悲歡離合

當年...看完李安的電影我也來這裡留言
想不到希斯..他就這樣走了...

再多再多的文字無法形容,我心裡的永久的悲痛
再多再多的言語無法?述,我此刻內心裡的痛苦
數不盡的思念與哀愁 道不盡心裡的難過與沉痛
感嘆...

我親愛的主 耶穌基督 祈求您 讓天使一路相伴
願希斯化身永恆的一顆明亮璀燦的十字星 遙掛天邊
寄語我這輩子無限的想念與祝福...2008.01.25

時間剛好滿2年
2006.01.25 2點的留言
2008.01.25 6點的今天
自從知道這個消息一直無法
撫平情緒好好入睡.....

紅著眼眶
我整個人都呆掉了....
無圖示
回應
9F

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!GpPPalSYFRm5RZ2OwRXyW1f4KA--/article?mid=1406&prev=-1&next=1326

無圖示
回應
10F
唉...
感傷中
無圖示
回應
11F
那是他女兒哦,長的好像
(共1頁)